Do you cringe as your busy season nears?
Do your business cycles contribute to stress, burnout or layoffs?
We get it. There’s a ton of time and expense involved in posting jobs, and then recruiting, screening, interviewing, hiring, onboarding and training employees, all for a few weeks or months of work. That’s where Wood Personnel can help! Here are a few ways our temporary employees can help you manage changing workloads – and restore your sanity:
- Gain instant access to talent. Wood recruits candidates year-round and actively maintains a database of available workers. When your busy season hits, we can have qualified candidates ready to go to work. Even better, we can proactively recruit for specialized talent in advance of your hiring needs.
- Get the flexibility you need. Use temporaries to handle surges in demand without impacting fixed expenses. When things slow back down, let the contingent staff go and hold onto your employees. Your workforce stays lean and flexible.
- Shorten learning curves. We recruit workers with the specific skills and experience you require. At your request, we can also develop customized orientation materials for the employees we provide you. As a result, you can reduce training costs and get workers up-to-speed more quickly.
- Minimize administrative and legal burdens. We are the employer of record for our temporaries. You don’t have to deal with the associated social security, payroll, and other employment taxes and legal burdens.
- Save on overtime. Temporary employees help you avoid paying higher overtime rates and eliminate the employee burn-out it causes.
- Maintain productivity. When you bring in temporaries to reduce the strain on your core team, they’ll be less stressed and more productive.
Manage changing workloads with planned staffing
If your business has frequent, predictable surges in demand, using temporaries strategically to manage variable workloads may be a smart move. Known as planned staffing, here’s an overview of how the concept works:
- We work with you to examine fluctuations in workload and identify peak demand periods.
- We customize a staffing plan for your organization that: provides temporary employees to handle your busiest times; reduces or eliminates your need to lay-off employees during slow periods; and frees you to focus on the most critical parts of your job.
Even if your busy season is months away, it’s never too early to discuss your staffing needs with us – especially in today’s tight employment market. Contact our Nashville staffing service today for a free workforce consultation.
By giving us adequate lead-time, you’ll optimize your chances of finding qualified candidates – especially when you need a large number of workers. And the sooner we know about a surge in your business, the better prepared we’ll be to even out the highs and lows – and help you breathe a little easier.