The time and costs associated with recruiting, screening, testing and hiring employees are significant. So why do it?
If your personnel needs are short-term, seasonal or project-oriented, consider working with a staffing service. A staffing firm can provide access to the talent you need, while eliminating many employment related expenses, including:
- Recruiting. A staffing service can assume responsibility for advertising, posting positions online, screening résumés, interviewing and checking applicant references. Most will also administer drug testing, when required.
- Training. Temporary employees come to your firm armed with the skills and experience needed to do the job. If necessary, many staffing firms will custom-design training and orientation programs to meet your needs.
- Benefits. A temporary worker is an employee of the staffing firm. As such, the staffing firm assumes responsibility for any benefits their employee may receive.
- Administration. By using temporary employees, your HR department eliminates the added headaches associated with payroll processing. The staffing firm handles all legal and administrative responsibility for payroll processing, paying workers’ compensation and unemployment premiums, and managing tax and government reporting.
- Bad hires. If you aren’t happy with a temporary employee’s work ethic or performance, you have the right to end the assignment any time. And if you need a direct hire, consider starting potential employees as temporaries. This way, you can find out if a new employee has the skills and attitude you need before making a hiring decision.
For more information about our temporary staffing services for Middle Tennessee employers, please visit Wood Personnel’s website.