Recently downsized or laid off? New to the workforce? Looking to earn extra cash? Trying to break into a new field?
Consider working as a temporary. Today’s staffing firms employee millions of individuals in virtually all fields of work, from day labor to executive, and offer a variety of advantages:
- Flexible work options. Work when and where you want to work. You can work only during school hours, take the summers off, or take an extended break. As a temporary employee, you have the freedom to accept assignments that work with your schedule.
- Employee benefits. In addition to a paycheck, many temporary staffing agencies provide benefits to their workers. These benefits typically include vacation pay, sick pay, access to medical insurance and a 401(k) plan, and are available to employees who fulfill certain employment requirements. Be sure to inquire what benefits are offered when you apply or interview.
- Opportunities for direct employment. Temporary assignments allow you to get a foot in the door with an employer. If an employer is impressed with your skills, work ethic and job performance, he can work with the staffing firm to offer you direct employment.
- Gain experience. If you’re a recent graduate, re-entering the workforce, or would like to make a career transition, working as a temporary can help you gain valuable on-the-job experience. In addition, many staffing firms offer free training to build or enhance your skill set.
- Variety. If you enjoy new experiences or are unsure about your career path, temporary work can provide the variety you need. You can test out different jobs, companies and industries – without long-term commitment – and find out where you fit best.
Ready to take the next step?
Join the Wood Personnel team. We’ll provide you with a rewarding temporary assignment that offers the variety, flexibility, benefits and job experience you need.