With unemployment near record highs, you may question the value of direct placement services. If job applicants are plentiful, can recruiting services really help you?
In a word, yes. Here are just a few of the ways search and placement services can simplify your job and help both you and your company be more successful:
- Save Time. Posting jobs, screening résumés, scheduling and conducting initial interviews, testing and reference checking are extremely time-consuming activities – especially when candidates are abundant. Use a direct placement service to eliminate both the time and cost associated with these processes.
- Increase Focus. Use the extra hours you gain (by offloading time-consuming recruiting activities) to focus on other key HR priorities or revenue-generating activities.
- Access Top Candidates. The market may be flooded with job seekers, but are they people you really want to hire? Recruitment specialists are experts at sourcing the best talent. They use extensive candidate networks, internal and national databases, direct recruiting techniques and referral sources to identify individuals – even highly desirable “passive” candidates – with the skills, experience and personality traits to succeed in your organization.
- Shorten Your Time-to-Hire. Because staffing firms maintain such robust candidate databases, they can dramatically reduce the time it would take to find the right person on your own. And in cases where immediate placement is required, most staffing services can provide a temporary replacement to handle the workload while conducting your search.
- Reduce Your Hiring Risks. Our tough job market has caused a rise in résumé fraud, as desperate job seekers feel compelled to stretch the truth in order to get hired. Unfortunately, the employer pays the price, when a new hire who has misrepresented himself has to be replaced.
Direct placement services reduce the risk of a bad hire in two ways. First, the referred candidate is thoroughly screened, interviewed, background and reference checked to verify skills, experience and work history. Additionally, most staffing services guarantee the quality of their direct placements for several months – and will find you a replacement if you’re not satisfied.
Save Time and Money with Wood Personnel
Ensure the success of your next hire by calling Wood Personnel today. We will recruit, screen, interview, test and refer the finest administrative, light industrial, technical and professional candidates in Middle Tennessee for your job opening.