If you’re searching for a production job, you’re in high demand. Throughout Middle Tennessee, opportunities run the gamut – from entry-level line workers to facility supervisors.
But when you interview for one of these positions, the questions employers throw at you can run the gamut, too – from generic “Why do you want this job?” to specific “What is just-in-time manufacturing?”
As with any interview, you will perform your best if you practice in advance. Use these common interview questions for production jobs to be prepared – and outshine the competition:
Production Job Questions About Work Ethic
Employers want to hire workers who will take initiative and strive to be successful. To demonstrate your work ethic, be prepared to answer the following types of questions and offer specific examples of your hard-working nature:
- Tell me about a time that you volunteered for a tough assignment.
- When you finish your work ahead of schedule, what do you do?
- How do you react when your workload is increased significantly?
- Describe a situation in which you showed initiative on the job.
Production Job Questions About Manufacturing
Be prepared to answer specific questions about the type of production environment you may be working in:
- What is flow control?
- What is lean manufacturing?
- How do you communicate effectively in a manufacturing environment?
Production Job Questions About Career Goals
Employers want to know how ambitious you are. Before you head into the interview, consider your needs and goals (both short- and long-term):
- What are you looking for in terms of career development?
- Why are you pursuing this production position?
- Where do you see your production career in five years?
Other Production Job Interview Questions
Regardless of the environment or level of position, your interviewer will likely ask more general questions to gauge your suitability for the job:
- How do you handle conflict when it occurs on the job?
- What’s most important to you in a production position?
- How do you deal with constant time pressure?
- How has your work experience prepared you for this production job?
- What do you do when you make a mistake on the job?
Looking for more interview advice?
Contact a Wood Personnel recruiter today. When you register with our Cool Springs employment agency, you’ll interview with an employment expert in a low-stress environment. You can practice your interview skills and get pointers on how to improve your performance.
Simply put, we want to ensure that you don’t just interview, but actually land the production job you want.