Want to access higher quality candidates, more quickly and cost-effectively? Prevent critical staff shortages? Make your staffing process simpler and more efficient?
It may be time to take your staffing relationship “to the next level.”
Whether you work with multiple staffing services or have a preferred or exclusive relationship, finding ways to work more effectively together will vastly improve your results. So put a ring on it! Here are 3 ways to build a stronger relationship with your staffing provider:
Plan your needs.
- In today’s employment market, it’s never too early to discuss an upcoming staffing need with your staffing partner. When you provide ample lead-time, you optimize your chances of finding the ideal candidate for your assignment or position (especially if it’s highly specialized or difficult-to-fill).
- Planning your staffing needs with your staffing service can even out the highs and lows of your business – ensuring that you’re adequately staffed when things get busy, while preventing the need for layoffs once things slow back down.
- When lead-time isn’t an option (sometimes staffing needs are last-minute), let your provider know which traits and skills are most critical – so they can focus their efforts there.
Provide specific feedback.
- If you’re reviewing resumes for candidates a staffing firm has referred, share details about what you like and don’t like. The more specific you get, the better they can do at fine-tuning candidate selection moving forward.
- When engaging temporary or contract employees, provide specific feedback about their performance, work ethic and attitude. Your staffing partner will use the information you provide to coach their employees when necessary, or to give them a well-deserved pat on the back when they’ve earned it!
- Keep your partner abreast of changes that occur in your company. As your needs change, it’s important to maintain an ongoing dialogue to improve the quality of service and placements they provide.
Get to know them better.
- Request a facilities tour or capabilities demonstration to learn more about your provider’s full range of solutions. You may discover new ways they could support your success. In addition, ask your staffing rep what value-added services his company offers (e.g., computer software training, detailed/customized reports, customized orientation for temporary employees, paycheck drop off and more). Take advantage of the ones that make sense for your company.
- Then, help them get to know YOU better. Give your rep a tour of your location, to let him see first-hand how work is done. Allow him to talk with employees, supervisors and managers in your company. Share information about your organization’s mission, goals and culture. By developing an in-depth understanding of your company’s “inner workings,” your staffing partner can become a more knowledgeable – and valuable – extension of your HR department.
Wood Personnel is in it for the long haul.
As your local staffing partner, we want to do much more than fill the occasional order for you. We want to find ways to help you save time and money, and make it easier to find the qualified people you need to get work done.
Invite us to tour your location. Request a free workforce consultation or capabilities demonstration. Challenge us to help you solve your toughest business problems. Take your relationship with us to the next level – and allow us to become an integral part of your company’s success.