Replacing staff for last-minute call-offs.
Increasing production capacity.
Supporting a growing organization.
The ways our Middle Tennessee clients use staffing are as diverse as the organizations themselves. But regardless of the reason(s) your company needs staffing or recruiting services, a proactive strategy will help you:
- save time and money;
- access better quality people – exactly when you need them;
- boost productivity and profitability;
- simplify your job.
Are using our services to your greatest advantage?
Take this quick quiz to make sure that you’re being proactive – and not reactive – in the way you make staffing decisions. We’ve included a scoring guide at the bottom, so you can determine if you’re ahead of the game, or if you could be getting more bang for your staffing buck:
Answer “True” or “False” for the Following Questions:
- We use temporary staff primarily as fill-ins for absences or for vacations.
- We use technical, managerial-level and financial temporaries for project assignments, as well as using contingent workers for clerical and/or light industrial requirements.
- Preparing for the use of temporary and contract staffing is part of our annual planning process.
- We periodically evaluate our core competencies and consider outsourcing non-critical functions.
- We typically place staffing requests just before we need temporary workers.
- We conduct an orientation for every new temporary.
- We train contingent staff when they begin a new assignment.
- We have measurable performance standards for our direct employees, but not for our temporaries.
- We periodically review our cost-per-hire.
- We have compared the cost of a temporary to the cost of a direct employee in the same position.
- We evaluate temporary employees on the job, as a potential source of direct employees.
- We always call two or more staffing agencies simultaneously to see who can most quickly fill the order.
Give yourself 1 point for each correct answer:
How did you score?
If your total was 0 to 3, it may be time to contact Wood Personnel – we could be doing more for you.
If you scored between 4 and 7, you’re doing okay – you’re with the majority of companies today.
And if your total was 8 to 10, congratulations! You’re using staffing as a strategic tool to fuel your organization’s success.