Summer is here…
Is your company’s performance hot – or in a slump?
That depends, in part, on how intelligently you use staffing and recruiting services. For some Middle Tennessee businesses, summertime is a peak season. For others, it’s a time when business – and productivity – tend to fall off. But whatever your industry or the economy brings your way, here’s how to staff smarter to drive performance, overcome talent shortages and combat the all-too-common summer productivity slump:
- Manage your workload more efficiently. Bring in temporary staff for administrative, repetitive and time-consuming activities to keep your core team focused on their high-priority work. Qualified temporaries are extremely efficient at the work they do, which boosts morale and frees your employees to do what they do best.
- Keep your best employees longer. If summer is your busy season, don’t let overtime stress out your direct employees. Using temporary staff can reduce – or even eliminate – your need for overtime, which will prevent overwork, diminished productivity and unnecessary turnover. Plan for adequate staffing support and keep your team fresh, motivated and performing at their peak.
- Beat talent shortages. Everyone is struggling to recruit good people these days. Let a staffing firm help! Staffing recruiters continually build their talent network and can quickly connect you with qualified temporary workers who have the skills, experience and personality to thrive in your organization. And if a temporary exceeds your expectations while on assignment and proves to be a great fit for you culture, a temp-to-hire conversion allows you to hire that individual directly.
- Improve your quality of hire. Staffing agencies are experts in recruiting, screening, interviewing, assessing and identifying the best people for your available roles. Hiring the right talent improves job success and tenure – both of which boost your organization’s performance.
- Eliminate bottlenecks. Peak production periods can leave you understaffed – leading to delays, reduced quality and costly mistakes. Using temporary employees can alleviate the bottlenecks that slow you down, allowing you to keep production levels high and ensure no sales are lost.
- Control costs. Does your business typically fall off in the summer? Planned staffing helps reduce overhead due to over-staffing, and it can reduce or eliminate the need for layoffs. Lower overhead and unemployment costs translate into a healthier bottom line for your business.
Want a stronger, more flexible and profitable organization this summer?
Give the experts at our Murfreesboro staffing firm a call. Together, we can create a smart staffing plan to keep your company performing at its peak.