They’re part of being a Middle TN employer. Capturing new business opportunities and thriving post-recession requires tolerating a moderate amount of risk. But that doesn’t mean you can afford to unnecessarily put your business in jeopardy.
To manage intelligently, look for ways to mitigate risks and protect your company. Nashville staffing firms like Wood Personnel can help with that! We provide all types of Middle Tennessee businesses with tools and services that reduce the risks inherent to hiring and human resource management.
Here are four areas in which we can be an ally in your efforts:
- Help ease the demand on your direct staff by using temporary employees to lend a hand during peak work periods. Reducing overtime doesn’t just save money; it minimizes job burnout, which can contribute to turnover.
2. Bad Hires
- We provide a satisfaction guarantee to ensure the success of your new hires – ask us about it.
- Use temp-to-hire services to try out a new employee before making a final hiring decision. You can evaluate an employee on the job while they remain on our payroll – lowering your risk of making a bad hire.
- With temporary staffing, if you are unhappy with the quality, productivity or attitude of a Wood Personnel employee, you have the right to terminate that individual at any time without consequence. If you desire, we will provide a suitable replacement.
3. Legal and Compliance Issues
- Bring in qualified temporaries for short-term assignments instead of hiring full-time employees who affect your headcount under the PPACA. Wood Personnel is responsible for providing our temporary employees with health benefits, if applicable – not you.
- Use our direct placement services to help ensure that non-discriminatory hiring practices are followed.
- Use a Wood Personnel temporary in place of a short-term employee to prevent an unemployment claim from affecting your company. All claims affect our unemployment rating – not yours.
- Understaffing your business can be risky; but hiring too many employees can lead to layoffs when business slows down. If your company experiences frequent variations in workload, temporary staffing services can reduce, or possibly eliminate, the need to lay off employees during slow periods. When things get busy, we can provide rapid, flexible access to additional workers to provide adequate coverage throughout peak demand periods.
Dealing with a tough HR or employment-related challenge? We’re here to provide the guidance and services you need – just give our Nashville staffing firm a call!